DTools - simulation tools for circuit design with spice
This is a package of tools for managing simulations used for verifying
custom CMOS circuit design. Some key features include:
- Support for verilog, irsim, and several commercial variants of spice.
- Makes it easy to run a spice simulation across multiple "corners" such as process, voltage, and temperature.
- Use the same digital vector format for verilog, irsim, and spice simulations of logic and transistor-level circuits
- Includes a spice preprocessor based on Perl's Text::EP3
These tools were developed mainly from 1994-1999.
They were used in several hardware-design research projects, and also in the
teaching of COMP 268, VLSI design, at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- spiceutil is a package of small scripts, mostly written in perl that can be helpful when dealing with hspice, whether or not dtools are used for simulation management.
What's with the name?
"Dtools" was a contraction for "dotools" or "design tools;" the reason for
the change is unknown.
Last modified: Fri Apr 24 00:02:55 EDT 2009